Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Waiting

I had a cat scan two days ago to help determine the nature of a mass found in my liver. My wonderful husband went with me, and we laughed and joked with each other and with the nurses and technicians. With all that he has been through with his two forms of cancer, we've been here before. Do the tests, one step at a time. We have been praying our way through this and have been surprisingly calm.

But now it's two days later and I still don't know the results. Waiting is more of a challenge than doing something; scheduling tests and getting poked and prodded and stuck with IV needles is actually easier. Waiting is hard. But these words keep coming back to me: "Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles. They will run and not be weary. They will walk and not faint." And also "Be still and know that I am God." And "You have only to be still and the Lord will fight for you."

So my job today is to walk and not faint, and to be still.
With God's help I can do that.

No comments: